1. Name and Nickname. Rob McLauchlan.
2. Age: 30 something!
3. Town: Herford, Germany.
4. Arm or Service: Army.
5. Married: Wife's name, kids? Ages etc. Married to Jane with a 3 yr old son
- Nathan (heir to my CD’s, Guitars & Scooters).
6. Hobbies other than soul/Scootering: IT, Music (listening to it and playing - Bass), Beer!
7. Plastic Scooters yes/no/not bothered: Everyone’s is entitled to an
8.3 Favourite Soul/Scootering events/venues of the past: It’s been a very
9. Favourite Soul/Scootering events/venues of the present: Love the German/ Euro
Runs; HiH, Paderborn Cloud 9's/Jetsons and TMSC, Bosel are always excellent! Also enjoyed Southport last year.
10. 5 Favourite Scooters Custom or model: I like any vintage/Vespa models as long as they are tidy - my latest projects VBII and the Ben Sherman Racer are both tidy (I think)!
11. 5 Favourite present sounds: Don’t really do present sounds, present to
me is what "presently" comes out of my stereo, so anything by the Who, Small Faces,
Secret Affair, Jam. Big into Ska, both original and revival at present.
12. 3 Favourite albums: Changes all the time and hard to pick 3, Glory Boys by Secret Affair and I Just Can't Stop It by the Beat will always be there along with most of the Who and most Trojan stuff.
13. Favourite non soul/Scooter/Mod singer/group: Sex Pistols, PIL,
Generation X, Carter USM, Stone Roses & Green Day.
14. Person you would like to be stranded on a dessert Island with: Couldn’t
begin to choose between my wife and son – so both!
15. Person you wouldn't like to be stranded on a dessert Island with: Anyone
who has ever been a “Big Brother” contestant.
16. Pet hates: Ignoramuses/ those who purposely refer to scooters as
“mopeds” just to try and get a bite out of you.
17. Best dealer: R Agius, Paddington, London and Scooter Centre Cologne (Oh, and Sven "Borgo" Borges for mechanics).
18. Worst dealer experience: TW.......... (the last letter comes after D)!
19. How did you find out about the AFSC: "Ravey" Dave Gibbs.